Page 1 of 3
Assignment 10: Big Data
You are a business analyst at your organization and your Chief Information Officer (CIO) has asked you
to begin researching how Big Data might be useful at your company. We may want to invite some
vendors in to present to us, but we don’t know where to start. Your research will give us a starting point.
For this assignment, you are not expected to complete the research, but rather, just get it started. This
assignment is intended to introduce you to one approach to distilling lots of qualitative information into
something more easily digested.
1. Write at least one paragraph explaining what Big Data is. Use your own words.
2. Write at least one sentence describing each of the following:
3. Pick any three (3) sources from the Research List below. Read the research for those three
4. Create a matrix (in MS Word or Excel) of research sources, a description of who the source is,
and the important points or trends they offer. If the point/trend is repeated by more than one
researcher, merge the point into one row of the matrix. An example of a matrix is presented
below, and in a separate download. Feel free to create your own format.
5. Pick one (1) vendor from the Solution Provider List below. Read the offerings for the one vendor.
6. Add the vendor as a column to your matrix.
7. Match up the capabilities/features of the vendor’s solution with the points/trends from the
researchers. If the vendor mentions something different from the researchers, add it as a
separate row in the matrix.
8. Provide some information about the vendor. This does not have to be too exhaustive.
Information to include, if you can find it, are things like:
a. Is the company public or private?
b. Annual revenue
c. Number of employees
d. How long has it been in business?
We want to see how aligned the solution provider is with the research. This assignment should not take
you more than a few hours to complete. However, feel free to spend as much time as you want on it.
Page 2 of 3
Page 3 of 3
1. The Gartner report you downloaded for Module 8
Solution Provider (Vendor) List
1. A cover memo describing your work and any difficulties encountered. Follow the guidelines in
the Cover Memo Instructions document in the Reference Materials module.
2. The matrix described in the Steps.
3. Submit all items in a Zip file named with your last name and first name (i.e.
4. Submit your Zip file using the course Assignment Tool.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more