When the IEP Team Meets
This assignment assesses your ability to explain the Individualized Education Program team meeting process in accordance with the requirements set forth by the IDEA and to clarify the role of each legally mandated attendee on the IEP team. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome 2, 3,4, 6 and the MASE Program Learning Outcome 4, 6, and 8.
The IEP meeting typically has a specific process that is followed in order to meet required steps as outlined by IDEA. The video,
The IEP Team Process: Chapter 5- The IEP meeting (Links to an external site.)
, simulates an annual IEP team meeting in progress that begins with introductions and concludes with the parents being given a copy of the written documents in which they are then asked to provide their signatures indicating consent. To ensure that each step in the IEP process is being addressed, an agenda is disseminated before the meeting officially begins. The written agenda may also include a copy of meeting ground rules and the student’s schedule among other informative items.
Read the following brief article, “
When the IEP Team Meets (Links to an external site.)
,” which explains the required elements of the IEP team meeting process as governed by the IDEA. Using support from this article, your required course textbook, and the Instructor Guidance address the following components:
· In at least one paragraph summarize each person’s role and contribution to Destini’s IEP meeting.
· In a total of at least three paragraphs provide the details of three types of required information that the IEP written document must contain at the conclusion of the meeting.
· In at least two paragraphs discuss the typical procedures that occur during the IEP team meeting.
· In at least one paragraph review the importance of placing this information in writing.
· In at least one paragraph describe the process of deciding placement.
· In at least one paragraph, explain two points of implementing the child’s IEP according to the IDEA.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more