ENGR 1540 Worksheet 12 Chapter 4
1. When Al(OH)3 reacts with sulfuric acid, the following reaction occurs:
If 1.7×103 g of Al(OH)3 is combined with 680 g of H2SO4, how much aluminum sulfate can form?
2. Copper reacts with nitric acid via the following equation:
What mass of NO(g) can be formed when 10.0 g of Cu reacts with 115 g of HNO3?
3. How much HNO3 can be formed in the following reaction if 3.6 kg of NO2 gas is bubbled through 2.5 kg of water?
4. Hydrogen and oxygen are reacted and the water formed is collected at 25℃, where it has a density of 0.997 g/mL. If 36.8 g of H2 and 168 g of O2 are reacted, how many mL of water will be collected?
5. The theoretical yield and the actual yield for various reactions are given below. Determine the corresponding percentage yields.
3.7 metric tons
6. A reaction that produced 4.8 mg of taxol, an anticancer drug, is reported to have a yield of 38%. What was the theoretical yield?
7. Methanol, CH3OH, is used in racing cars because it is a clean-burning fuel. It can be made by this reaction:
What is the percentage yield if 5.0×103 g H2 reacts with excess CO to form 3.5×104 g CH3OH?
8. When iron and steam react at high temperatures, the following reaction takes place:
How much iron must react with excess steam to form 897 g of Fe3O4 if the reaction yield is 69%?
9. The percentage yield if the following reaction is consistently 87%.
How many grams of sulfur would be needed to obtain 80.0 g of CS2?
10. Sulfur hexafluoride is a very stable gas useful in electrical generators and switches. It is formed by direct synthesis from the elements:
If 92 g of SF6 is produced from the reaction of 115 g of sulfur in excess fluorine, what is the percentage yield?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more