ENGR 1540 Worksheet 19 Chapter 5
1. Calculate the mass of each of the following gases at STP:
a. 1.4 L of SO2
b. 3.5×105 L of CO2
2. What is the total pressure exerted by a mixture of 1.50 g of H2 and 5.00 g of N2 in a 5.00-L vessel at 25℃?
3. What is the total pressure (in atm) of a 15.0-L container at 28.0℃ that contains 3.5 g of N2, 4.5 g of O2, and 13.0 g of Cl2?
4. For a gas sample whose total pressure is 740 torr, what are the partial pressures if the gas present consists of 1.3 mol of N2, 0.33 mol of O2, and 0.061 mol of Ar?
5. A sample containing only NO2 and SO2 has a total pressure of 120 torr. Measurements show that the partial pressure of NO2 is 43 torr. If the vessel has a volume of 800.0 mL and the temperature is 22.0℃, how many moles of each gas are present?
6. A sample of gas is made entirely of carbon dioxide and water, and there are 259 moles of CO2 and 513 moles of water. If the total pressure of the sample is 21 atm, what is the partial pressure of each gas?
7. A sample of a smokestack emission was collected into a 1.25-L tank at 752 mm Hg and analyzed. The analysis showed 92% CO2, 3.6% NO, 1.2% SO2, and 4.1% H2O by mass. What is the partial pressure exerted by each gas?
8. In an experiment, a mixture of gases occupies a volume of 3.00 L at a temperature of 22.5℃. The mixture contains 14.0 g of water, 11.5 g of oxygen, and 37.3 g of nitrogen. Calculate the total pressure and the partial pressure of each gas.
9. An experiment is being carried out to test the removal of sulfur dioxide from gases being released by a power plant. The initial sample, which contains only carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide, occupies a volume of 35 L at a temperature of 41℃ and a pressure of 715 torr. After all of the SO2 has being removed, the sample occupies a volume of 23.5 L at a temperature of 29℃ and a pressure of 715 torr. Determine the partial pressures of both CO2 and SO2 in the initial sample.
10. HCl(g) reacts with ammonia gas, NH3(g), to form solid ammonium chloride. If a sample of ammonia occupying 250 mL at 21℃ and a pressure of 140 torr is allowed to react with excess HCl, what mass of NH4Cl will form?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more