ENGR 1540 Worksheet 15 Chapter 7
1. Draw a Lewis structure for each of the following molecules or ions.
c. HNO2 (where the bonding is in the order HONO)
d. OSCl2 (where S is the central atom)
2. Write Lewis structures for these molecules.
a. Tetrafluoroethylene, C2F4, the molecule from which Teflon is made
b. Acrylonitrile, CH2CHCN, the molecule from which Orlon® is made
3. Draw resonance structures for
4. Draw the Lewis structure of two resonance forms for ozone, O3.
5. Which of the species listed has a Lewis structure with only one lone pair of electrons? F2, CO32-, CH4, PH3
6. Draw the Lewis structure for each of the following molecules.
7. Draw the Lewis structure for each of the following ions.
8. CO, CO2, CH3OH, and CO32-, all contain carbon-oxygen bonds. Draw Lewis structures for these molecules and ions. Given that double bonds are stronger than single bonds and triple bonds are stronger than double bonds, rank the four species in order of increasing C—O bond strength.
9. Draw the Lewis dot structure of the following species.
10. Draw the Lewis dot structures of the following compounds.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more