· Evaluate emerging trends in patient communication to improve efficiency and quality
You are employed at Torin Regional Hospital, which is large hospital located in a highly populated city. The city serves a diverse consumer base in terms of demographics such as age, ethnicity, gender, and economic status. Many consumers of the hospital are in the aging population, yet the hospital also serves a large population of younger individuals who are tech savvy. In addition, the population of the city includes individuals with various ethnic backgrounds.
To ensure the hospital can stay up-to-date with the emerging consumer demands in the marketplace, as well as meet the needs of its diverse population, it has set an organizational goal to improve patient communication, as well as improve patient care. You have been asked to participate in this initiative by conducting some initial research on communication trends and evaluating how these trends impact quality of patient care.
You have been asked to develop a communication trends report in which you evaluate how current patient communication trends impact efficiency and quality of patient care. This report will then be used to inform a communication action plan for the hospital.
Specifically, be sure to address the following:
· Describe patient communication trends currently impacting healthcare organizations. Your supervisor has asked you to identify at least three trends, to ensure the organization can evaluate a variety of trends for how they meet the demands of the current population of patients.
· Evaluate how the identified communication trends meet the needs of the patients. Consider the following:
· How do trends meet the needs of a generationally diverse population?
· How do the trends promote access to, and accessibility of, health information for all members of the patient population?
· Concerning the identified communication trends, evaluate how the hospital can protect the privacy of patient health information, while increasing the ease with which patients can access their information. Consider how the identified trends comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and protect patient health information.
· Evaluate how the identified communication trends promote interoperability and continuous care. Consider the impact on both the patient and healthcare organization to deliver quality and efficient patient care. For example, how can information easily be shared with the patients, as well as other departments and specialists? What regulations, such as HIPAA, must be considered?
· Evaluate how the identified communication trends can improve patient satisfaction by empowering patients to take ownership in their care, providing adequate information to the patient, and providing patient choice in their care.
What to Submit
Communication Trends Report
Develop a report in which you evaluate how current patient communication trends impact efficiency and quality of patient care. Your plan must be 750 to 1,250 words in length and cite any references.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more