Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of decision making process for complex issues pertaining to business environment both internally and externally. (1.2)
· Identify ethical issues and dilemmas that businesses often face and employ ethical standards in all manners and circumstances. (1.4 & 3.3)
· Apply and analyze various concepts of problem solving in diverse contexts and business situations. (1.5 & 2.2)
· Identify and analyze different perspectives on understanding problems for different situations. (3.1)
Critical Thinking Case studies:
Mr. Khaled is the HR manager in Alkhalili Company. Alkhalili Company is in construction business. In COVID-19, construction industry were affected a lot. Alkhalili Company were also affected and lost several projects. Some projects were gone in heavy loss. Company has decided to downsize its work force.
KHALID was in such a situation that telling the truth about staff layoff to his friends will make him disloyal to the company. At the same time hiding about staff layoff from his close friend will make Khaled disloyal towards his friend. In this case, Khaled may find it difficult to find out all facts especially the time workers would take to find a new Job .Khaled, the workers, His Boss, society, the company are the affected stakeholders. The right of both the workers and company to know and hide about layoff and the loyalty that company and workers expect from Khaled are the main ethical issues Khaled face. The consequences of telling and hiding about the staff layoff would be, Khaled may lose his job, workers will get time to find other placement, Khaled will remain in good book of management or workers have to suffer from sudden job loss. Anyway, before reaching a conclusion Khaled should have to think about the duties towards company as an employee also about how society is going to value him by the decision he take. However, Khaled can warn both employees and management like not to make any big financial commitment or about the after effect of hiding the layoff truth from employees. At last Khaled must take a decision considering all these factors and should have the gut to stand on the decision taken by him.
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 05)
1. Identify the problem. What are the other sub problems? [Word count: 100-300] [0.5 Marks]
a. Main problem: ……………………………………..
b. Other problems:
2. Write the problem statement document? [Word count: 200-400] [1 Mark]
3. Identify the Cause of the problem through 5 Why Technique [Word count: 150-300] [1.5 Mark]
4. Gather information: What information should you gather that would be helpful to know before making a decision? [Word count: 200-400] [0.5 Marks]
5. Consider the various choices of solution? [Word count: 100-300] [0.5 Marks]
What are ethical issues in this case? How you can resolve these ethical issues? [Word count: 200-400]
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more