Discussion Assignment Instructions
The student will post thread of at least 500 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned Module: For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least two scholarly citations in APA format. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources include peer reviewed journal articles, content from relevant professional associations/platforms, course materials, the textbook, the Bible, etc.
Note: Diagrams do not count towards word counts.
Discussion Thread: Information Systems Development Topic Selection
For your thread, answer 2 of the following questions:
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the waterfall approach to system development.
2. What are the pros and cons in reference to an organization’s buy versus build decision? Explain why you would choose one method over the other.
3. In chapter 8, the authors state that security and controls are often an afterthought. Provide an empirical example of how poor security controls impact an organization or Information System.
4. Identify 2 systems development processes, and compare and contrast the differences. In your evaluation, identify which process you would choose to development a new software application for the marketing department that must be available within a 6-month time frame.
5. What are the 4 different kinds of feasibility that must be assessed? Why is the feasibility of a system reviewed during the investigation, analysis, and design phases?
6. You are responsible for developing a User Interface for a group of users within your organization. Describe the User Interface; choose and explain your preferred design method.
7. Identify and briefly describe 4 types of testing that are conducted during the integration and testing phase.
8. Provide an example of how a disaster recovery plan is implemented within the software development process life cycle.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more