Write a 2-3 page (plus works cited page) on one of the following topics:
Sandra Cisneros “Barbie Q”
· How does Cisneros use the world as reflected in the outfits and appearance of Barbie dolls to comment on the real world in which the two girls live?
Louis Erdrich “The Red Convertible”
· Describe how the convertible reflects the changing relationship between the two brothers.
Joyce Carol Oates “Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been”
· Describe Oates use of fairy tale elements in this story, including imagery, characterization, and plot.
Gish Jen “In the American Society”
· What are the major differences between the two worlds, “His Own Society” and “The American Society,” described in the story? What do you think Jen is saying about immigrants and assimilation?
· Describe Mr. Chang’s behavior toward and expectations of his employees. What beliefs are reflected in his behavior?
Le Minh Khue “The Distant Stars”
· How does the writer illustrate the differences between life in wartime and life either before or (as imagined or hoped for) after the war is over? Think about the Hanoi scenes and the future plans the girls discuss.
Robert Olen Butler “A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain
· Discuss the issue of moral responsibility as it pertains to the major characters in the story
Leslie Marmon Silko
· Describe the issue of identity in this story. How does the writer use Native American myths to address the concept of identity?
Monica Wood “Disappearing”
· Why does the narrator want to change her body? Relate this to her family, herself, and how others view her.
Ursula K. LeGuin “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”
· What do you think of the ones who walk away? Who are they and what does their behavior signify?
· What are the major conflicts in the marriage and hy does Shoba finally decide to leave Shukumar?
Hanif Kureishi “My Son the Fanatic”
· Describe how the concept of assimilation differs between the generations. Use details to illustrate these differences. What is Kureishi saying about cultural assimilation in Britain?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more