Being able to closely read a text, summarize, and respond to key issues is a key skill that will help you effectively cull resources for the information you need as you move into your major program of study. Learning to read closely and take careful notes will make your research process smoother and more organized.
For this discussion, you are going to conduct a close reading of a source and use this reading to pre-write in preparation for your summary response essay.
Part I: Paper
See attached article
1. Themes include the following:
2. Closing the Gap Between College and Career
3. University students report approaching higher education with several goals: bettering their understanding of the world, keeping a promise made to themselves or loved ones, and attaining a “good job.” With wages depressed for more than a decade, right-to-work legislation in states throughout the United States, and increasing automation across the workforce, what looks like a “good job” to today’s university graduate? Students can engage with this topic by reviewing typical jobs in their majors, salaries, career expectations, and develop a plan for steps to take during university to bridge a way to the first job after graduation.
4. The attached doc contains a selection of resources related to your topic that can help to get you started with your research.
5. After choosing the article to read for this paper.
Closely read and annotate the article you choose.
1. What information seems most significant? Why?
2. What is the author’s claim or thesis?
3. What details are important?
4. Do any words or phrases stand out? Why?
5. What do you still want to know?
6. What questions do you have as you read?
350-450 words excluding references, APA format and a minimum of 3 references
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more