How to Prepare a Pamphlet
A pamphlet is a format that allows you to target specific populations by selecting, and
then presenting concise information to improve knowledge levels, to change attitudes
toward a subject, to use in conjunction with other marketing approaches, and to educate
individuals, their families, and professionals.
Challenges Involved in Developing a Pamphlet
Writing and developing content for an effective pamphlet is challenging. You have a
limited amount of space in which to briefly, clearly, and professionally provide
information to your targeted readers. Therefore, it is vitally important to outline and
organize your pamphlet content, and then deliver it in a way that appeals to your
1. Identify the key concepts. Your assignment will outline several points that must be
2. Use headings or subtitles to address those key concepts.
3. Explain the key points at the beginning of each section.
4. Cite your supporting resources properly just as you would do with a traditional paper.
Note: Double-check with your instructor to determine if he or she will accept
footnotes rather than a reference section for your pamphlet if it helps to improve the
readability and appearance of your information.
5. Be sure to use graphics, photographs, charts, and other illustrations that are
appropriate for your topic and intended audience.
6. Make sure your design layout is logical, appealing, and relevant to ensure your
targeted readers benefit from your pamphlet’s content.
Creating a Pamphlet – The Basics
There are several software programs, including Microsoft Publisher, that are designed
to create a variety of different written materials. However, you can easily create your
own using Microsoft Word.
Depending on the version of Word that you may have, you can open a template and
simply cut and paste your information into a template; or you can search the Internet for
a free template that meets your needs.
You can use Word to create a simple pamphlet by completing the following steps:
1. Open a new file in Word. Then, name it and save it as you would any other
2. Go to Page Layout>Margins>Narrow (1/2 inch).
3. Write your content or text. and then insert your graphics.
4. Go to Page Layout>Orientation>Landscape. Change to Landscape (11 x 8 ½).
5. Highlight the text.
6. With text highlighted, go to Page Layout>Columns>Three. Click and save.
Now, your file is a draft pamphlet that you can review, revise, and proofread before you
submit it to your instructor for feedback.
Creating an Effective Pamphlet – Simple Tips
Effective pamphlets present information that is organized, informative, supported by
valid research, and easy to understand. You can prepare an effective pamphlet by using
the following tips:
1. Use short, yet compelling words, and brief sentences. Keep your audience in mind.
2. Use quotes sparingly. As a rule, quotes have value for emphasis if you cannot
rephrase the information any better in your own words.
3. Write your content using the active voice. (Active voice: “Families can provide
support to children struggling with homework by finding a great tutor.” Passive voice:
“Support can be provided by the family to children struggling with homework by find
a great tutor.”)
4. Be positive. “Families should” instead of, “Families should not.”
Knowing Your Targeted Readers
Understand your readers (ages, professions, levels of education, demographics,
etc.) to ensure the success of your presentation.
Tailor your information to meet your readers’ interests and expertise.
Make the information relevant and appealing to your readers.
Planning Your Pamphlet Content
As you prepare your pamphlet content, consider the following questions:
What can your readers learn from this pamphlet information? What is the
intended “take away”?
What do you want your readers to do with the information that they have
Should they now think and/or behave differently because of your pamphlet?
What do you want them to remember from your pamphlet?
Pamphlet Content Guidelines
1. Use a simple font with a point-size of no less than 12-point (footnotes should be no
smaller than 9 point).
2. Be consistent. Use the same font throughout your pamphlet.
3. Use color, underlining, and italics sparingly and for emphasis only.
4. Use white space effectively. If text is squeezed together, it is difficult to read. Take
time to edit your information so that your key concepts are clearly and simply
5. Use graphics that are relevant to your pamphlet’s overall content.
6. Be sure the graphics complement your content, instead of overwhelming it and
7. Ensure your graphics are tasteful, inclusive, and appropriate for your readers.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more