(KB) Net Present Value Analysis
In this assignment you will perform a Net Present Value Analysis for a project.
1. Assume a student is planning to pursue a two-year master’s degree. There are two educational options the student is considering, with investment and cash flows as follows.
Option A: Full-Time Education Example cash investment: $100,000. Currently the student is earning $30,000. The student will quit his/her current job to study a Master’s degree in computer science. Upon graduation the student hopes to earn $60,000 per year in new job.
Option B: Part-Time Education Example cash investment: $100,000. Currently the student is earning $30,000. The student can work part-time for three years at a salary of $20,000 while studying towards the master’s degree in project management. Upon graduation the student anticipates a possible increase in salary by $10,000 (total $40,000) in the same company.
The requirements for the assignment are:
• Answer the following questions based on the unit readings:
1. Briefly describe what net present value is, how it is calculated, and what it is used for.
2. Calculate the NPV for each educational option. The discount rate is 8%.
3. Which option should the student choose? Explain your decision including any necessary assumptions made.
• The paper must be APA-formatted as a Word document.
• SafAssign will be used to check this assignment for plagiarism. Remember to paraphrase in your own words and do not copy directly.
• The length must be 1-2 pages, excluding the title and reference pages.
• Include at least one reference.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more