ENGR 1540 Worksheet 18 Chapter 5
1. Gas pressures can be expressed in units of mm Hg, atm, torr, and kPa. Convert these pressure values.
a. 722 mm Hg to atm
b. 1.25 atm to mm Hg
c. 542 mm Hg to torr
d. 745 mm Hg to kPa
e. 708 kPa to atm
2. If the atmosphere pressure is 97.4 kPa, how much is it in mm Hg? In atm?
3. A sample of CO2 gas has a pressure of 56.5 mm Hg in a 125-mL flask. The sample is transferred to a new flask, where it has a pressure of 62.3 mm Hg at the same temperature. What is the volume of the new flask?
4. A gas has an initial volume of 39 mL at an unknown pressure. If the same sample occupies 514 mL at 720 torr, what was the initial pressure?
5. Calculate the missing variable in each of these sets:
a. V1=2.0 L, T1=15℃, V2=?, T2=34℃
b. V1=?, T1=149℃, V2=310 mL, T2=54℃
c. V1=150 L, T1=180 K, V2=57 L, T2=?
6. A gas bubble forms inside a vat containing a hot liquid. If the bubble is originally at 68℃ and a pressure of 1.6 atm with a volume of 5.8 mL, what will its volume be if the pressure drops to 1.2 atm and the temperature drops to 31℃?
7. A bicycle tire is inflated to a pressure of 3.74 atm at 15℃. If the tire is heated to 35℃, what is the pressure in the tire? Assume the tire volume doesn’t change.
8. A balloon filled with helium has a volume of 1.28×103 L at sea level where the pressure is 0.998 atm and the temperature is 31℃. The balloon is taken to the top of a mountain where the pressure is 0.753 atm and the temperature is -25℃. What is the volume of the balloon at the top of the mountain?
9. How many moles of an ideal gas are there if the volume of the gas is 158 L at 14℃ and a pressure of 89 kPa?
10. A newly discovered gas has a density of 2.39 g/L at 23.0℃ and 715 mm Hg. What is the molar mass of the gas?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more