Final Paper: Details and Guidelines
The Major Case Study is an application of Four Frame Theory to an organization you know or can research in some detail. You should choose an organization you know well as an employee or customer (you can keep it anonymous if you like) or an organization that has lots of readily available information about it that you can access. Be sure to analyze the organization in terms of each of the frames. Also, examine the balance among the frames—what are the strengths and weaknesses. In terms of organizational ‘wellness’ where does your target organization fall and why? If you were a consultant, what advice would have for senior management in terms of making it a more healthy and balanced organization?
Use your experience in doing the Mini-Cases as a guide. You may also find the Mini-Case Form a useful outline for your own narrative. Since this Final Project or Major Case Study is worth 30 points or 30% of your grade, here are the guidelines:
· Times New Roman font, 12-point type.
· Double spaced
· Spell and grammar checked before submission
· APA 6th edition compliant with several citations, quotes and references included at the end of the paper
· Header information—this paper, like all papers, needs to have the following information:
· Your Name and Student id#.
· The course title and number:
· The date and semester
· The Assignment Topic: Final Project
· The final paper should be approximately 4 pages to give adequate coverage to the topic and examine the application of each of the four frames to the organization.
The project submission is broken down into two (3) parts that are due by 11:59 p.m. EST Sundays of the respective module weeks (except for Module 8 where it is due by 11:59 p.m. EST Saturday):
· Module 4: Name of Organization to be studied and sources of information
· Module 6: First Draft of the Paper
· Module 8: Final Submission of the Paper
You should submit the name of the organization you are planning to study, and how you plan to research it
1. The title of the organization you wish to study.
2. Its size—here is a source of definition for small, medium and large companies: https://stats.oecd.org/glossary/detail.asp?ID=3123. Cambridge College would be a medium sized company with 50+ employees and an annual budget under $50 million.
3. Make sure to identify the type of industry: PFP; NPO; NGO; Gov.; Mil; Edu.; .com. For example, Cambridge College is in the Higher Education Industry (edu) and its Business is providing degrees for adult learners. It is an NPO (Non-Profit Organization) as opposed to a publicly held company which issues stock,
4. Why have you picked this company?
5. How do your plan to research this company?
a. Managers or employees you have permission to interview?
b. Other sources of information: list some sources.
First Draft in – Project phase 2
You should use the same format and header information above, but this paper will be shorter since it is an outline for the final project. In narrative form, you will want to address the following questions:
1. Give a brief overview of the organization’s history, background, and mission.
2. What is your preliminary (recall this is a draft) view of this company through the lens of four frame theory?
3. What examples, illustrations, stories, cases, quotes, etc. can you use to support your theory? Indicate your sources of information.
4. What would be an early view of the organization’s health? Unhealthy organizations (toxic workplaces?) may exhibit some symptoms of organizational malaise: losing money; departure of key people; problems retaining employees (lots of turnover); critical stories in the press; employee unrest (strikes, work stoppages, sabotage, walkouts, complaints, grievances, etc.).
Final Submission in Module 3
You should submit the finalized paper.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more