Please edit the following and leave it in the same format. The comments from the professor is are highlighted please consider them that’s what needs to be c hanged
1. Describe the general Public Health concern problem you will address in your ILE and explain why this is currently an important problem in public health based on CDC metrics (size, seriousness, impact, public perception, equity, etc.):
In the United States, over 700 women die each year as a result of pregnancy or delivery difficulties. (I did a quick search and did not actually find much exclusively on maternal mortality. There is a lot more on infant mortality, and some on both. You might consider focusing on infant mortality because that is still very tied to maternal health.) Preventable pregnancy-related deaths continue to claim the lives of far too many mothers in the United States and around the world. Maternal and infant mortality, the most serious reproductive health problems, are monitored by the CDC’s Division of Reproductive Health (DRH). Women of color, American Indians, and Alaska Natives (AI/AN) are two to three times more likely than white women to die from pregnancy-related reasons, and the discrepancy grows as they get older. Your main public health issue—the health disparity we see among women of color—gets buried. Also, this needs some more information about underlying causes of death, as well as something about public perception. ) Pregnancy-related fatalities per 100,000 live births (PRMR) were four to five times higher for black women over 30 than for white women. Overall, the number of pregnancy-related deaths per 100,000 newborns increased from 15.0 to 17.0. of the sate Pregnancy-Related Mortality Ratios (PRMR)
1) Why did you choose this public health problem? What have you learned during the MPH program (e.g., courses, practicum, research, etc.) about this public health issue?
I chose this public health problem because I feel like it is an issue that does not receive enough attention in research or the general public. Regrettably, I do not remember learning much about women’s health and infant health during the MPH program. I want to learn more about how women, especially in racial/ethnic minority groups in the US, are suffering during and after pregnancy. This may be linked to the disproportionate rates of maternal mortality that occur within women of color. By learning about the reasons and preventative approaches to maternal mortality, our goal as public health professionals must be to work to reduce these disparities and lower the risk of maternal mortality in vulnerable populations.
2) List 3 potential Key Health Indicators of this Public Health problem:
Maternal mortality rate (by race?)
Proportional mortality rate (I’m not sure what this means? Could you please explain a bit more?)
Prevention and cure of communicable and non-communicable diseases. (This 3rd one is not a KHI. You might choose prevalence of health conditions linked to maternal mortality such as HBP, obesity, or there may be an indicator of presence of chronic illness (not sure!).)
3) Generate a Research Question that you want to address related to your Public Health Topic. This question should be more focused than the broad public health problem and should use PICOS language. Your Critical Review will address this research question.
Are the pregnant women of minority groups in the USA more likely to have a higher maternal mortality rate than white pregnant women. (So, we already know that racial/ethnic minority women have higher rates of mortality. There are a couple ways you might go with your research question (and these are applicable even if you shift to infant mortality:
(1) Explore risk factors for mortality among racial/ethnic minority women OR one group (e.g., African American/Black women) specifically. Depending on how much is out there, we can focus more specifically on one type of factor, e.g., neighborhood/social, stress (that’s a big one), healthcare access and quality, etc.
(2) Look at programs or policies trying to reduce mortality and assess efficacy.)
4) Identify two possible public health agencies or organizations for which you plan to write your Public Health Brief. Your Brief will be based upon information from your Critical Review. State how providing the type of information to be contained in the Brief would benefit the agency/ organization’s mission, constituents, etc. The public health agency/ organization’s mission should be related to your public health problem and/ or Research Question.
Office on Women’s Health (OWH) – the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)—this one is a bit large and already focused on this topic. Perhaps a local organization?
Black Women’s Health Imperative – non profit organization—this one works!
The information will help provide more information, specifically about pregnant women of minority groups , to the organizations. The organization’s missions are to seek better health opportunities for women and better access to health. The information will provide them with maternal mortality rates and how are those rates calculated and most importantly where is the rate the highest in the US.
Using the Foundational and Concentration Competencies below, identify which will be addressed by your ILE (via course deliverables). Please select 3 Foundational and 1 Concentration-Specific Competencies.
I. MPH Program Foundational Public Health Competencies (Anticipated Achievement from Project)
Select at least 3 Core Public Health Competencies from Section I by checking the box in front of those you choose.
A. Evidence-Based Approaches to Public Health
· 4. Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy or practice
B. Public Health & Health Care Systems
· 6. Discuss the means by which structural bias, social inequities and racism undermine health and create challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community and societal levels
C. Planning & Management to Promote Health
· 7. Assess population needs, assets and capacities that affect communities’ health
D. Policy in Public Health
· 14. Advocate for political, social or economic policies and programs that will improve health in diverse populations
· 18. Select communication strategies for different audiences and sectors
· 19. Communicate audience-appropriate public health content, both in writing and through oral presentation
only part A if you are a PHP student, or part B if you are a PHM student
II. Concentration-Specific Competencies:
A. MPH Public Health Practice students ONLY:
Select 1 PHP Concentration-Specific Competency.Check the box in front of your choice.
· 2.Propose public health interventions that reflect the social determinants of health for a given community.
· 3. Synthesize current public health evidence with community and population assessment.
· 4. Formulate policies based on public health scientific evidence and community need.
II. Concentration Competencies (continued)
B. MPH-Public Health Methods students ONLY:
Select 1 PHM Concentration-Specific Competency. Check the box in front of your choice.
· 2. Critically evaluate epidemiological findings at the state, local and national levels.
· 3. Interpret epidemiologic research methods and findings in the practice of public health interventions.
you can find enough for maternal vs. infant mortality, depending on how you frame your research question:
1. Review article of social and structural influences on maternal health (you could use relevant studies it cites, but this article is not an actual study)
2. WHO review of causes (so not just US, but might be helpful):
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more